Welcome to Mysooru News

mysore latest news

Eight-month-old baby dies of electric shock after it bites mobile charger cable in Karwar

1 min read

Karwar: In a heart wrenching incident, an eight-month-old infant died of electric shock after it playfully bit the mobile charger that was plugged to the switchboard at Siddar near Karwar on Wednesday.

The infant identified as Sanidhya was the daughter of Santhosh Kalgutkar and Sajana Kalgutkar of Siddar village.

Santhosh’s family was busy preparing for one of their daughter’s birthdays when the tragedy struck.

It is said that since there was no power in the morning, Sanjana had gone to get the torch, leaving the child in the bedroom.

However, the power immediately resumed but the baby who was playfully biting the charger cable was electrocuted.

The distraught family members immediately rushed the baby to Karwar district hospital but in vain. The child’s father who ironically works as a contractor worker in Hescom collapsed after hearing the news. He was also rushed to hospital. The family is completely in a state of shock.

Karwar Rural police have lodged a case in this regard.

-Team Mysoorunews

 

 

Mysooru News

Share this